Monday, October 02, 2006

SIGN IN A " CANADIAN " BUSINESS WINDOW

"WE WOULD RATHER DO BUSINESS WITH 1000 AL QAEDA TERRORISTS, THAN WITH ONE SINGLE CANADIAN"

This sign was prominently displayed in the window of a business in Hamilton, Ontario. You are probably outraged at the thought of such an inflammatory statement. One would think that good Canadians from all across the country would be marching on this business and that the RCMP might have to be called to keep the angry crowds back. But, perhaps in these stressful times one might be tempted to let the proprietors simply make their statement . . We are a society which holds Freedom of Speech as perhaps one of our greatest liberties. And after all, it is just a sign.

You may ask what Canadian business would dare post such a sign?

Answer: DODSWORTH AND BROWN, Funeral Home (Who said morticians had no sense of humor?)

7 comments:

Impossibleape said...

well that was surely a record breaker

my thots?

I liked the Dickens quote and was pleasently surprised to hear Thomas Huxley say such a wonderful thing about the big black book

but you may be disappointed to know that while I am a Bibliphile am not A Biblicist.

I find the New better than the Old and the understanding of the new to be better with the passing of time
and while the scriptures reveal Jesus they just as often obscure God and when we say the Bible is the Word of God we tend to demote Jesus to a paper and ink image (an idol actually).


as obscure as they are

such are my thots

Jennifer said...

"but you may be disappointed to know that while I am a Bibliphile am not A Biblicist."

:-)

Me too.

Impossibleape said...

Hi Jenn

: -{)]

I'm smiling beneath my 'wanabee' Clarke Gable moustache and over my 'wanabee' Rock Hudson chin and of course on the inside of my 'wanabee' svelte exterior as well

because
It is always a pleasure to travel with pleasant and interesting companions of depth and integrity, such as yourself and the good Dr.


This impossibleape also welcomes all holy fools, misshapened, challenged and stigmatized humanity of all descriptions on my knuckle dragging journey because I have concluded that the circle of humanity (the incarnation if you will) is made whole by the erudite humbly walking hand in hand with, and preferring in honour, the eternally innocent).

Impossibleape said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

Ape, you have a way with words and with emoticons. Love that moustache! :D

Impossibleape said...

Thanks Jenn

you are certainly a shape shifter extraordinaire your self

I am always pleasently surpised how you give us new perspectives on the real you in your profile photos and your blog entries

your latest incarnation is cute too

Jennifer said...

LOL! The truth is, I really hate pictures of myself.