Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Surely This Was A Good Man






"There are some who still find the cross a stumbling block, and others consider it foolishness, but I am more convinced than ever before that it is the power of God unto individual and social salvation. ... The suffering and agonizing moments through which I have passed over the past few years have also drawn me closer to God. More than ever before I am convinced of the reality of a personal God." - Martin Luther King Jr.











Martin surely was a good man. A real man. A fallible man. A dreamer. An imperfect but nonetheless good man. I wish I could be more like him......minus the suffering and the vilification of course (and yes dear, even minus the adultery as well).






There is no smooth road to Calvary
and no road to Ressurection
that doesn't pass over that rugged hill.

No comments: