Monday, September 18, 2006

Eye of Faith

Speaking of the eye of faith. Some have called this Hubble telescope picture the 'Eye of God'.


There is a lot of excess colour, design and beauty in the universe. And beauty that is often inaccessible to the human eye.
Why is that?

Beauty may be a path that leads to a personal and artistic creator. We need to appreciate it wherever we find it. C.S. Lewis spoke in his autobiography, Surprised by Joy about the role aesthetics played in his conversion. Someday I may tell you about my testimony which might be called, 'Saved by a Duck'. (It has to do with fragrant spring air, abeautiful pond full of Gold Fish, a ray of golden sunlight, and a Mallard's head.)






LH



4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that Hubble photo. I definitely want to hear the duck story!

Impossibleape said...

I'm pretty sure I will get a round to it one of these days.......

that is if the Good Lord's Willing and the cricks don't rise.

Impossibleape said...

......and if my brown pants ever get back from the cleaners

Jennifer said...

"that is if the Good Lord's Willing and the cricks don't rise."

I thought only Ohioans said that!