Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Tag

Franklin, over at Paradoxum (That MagicalPlace where soft words can break bones), tagged me. Someone asked him to share 5 things that others may not know about him and then to tag others to do the same. Franklin tagged me. So here are 5 things you probably don't know about the Impossibleape.


1. Name the T.V. you'd most like to have a copy of every episode ever made.

The I Love Lucy Show. (And I do...vicariously. I instilled the Lucy bug in my daughter Evie and then spent many hours and a few dollars searching eBay and haunting movie stores to buy them as presents for her B.D. and Christmas.)

2.The one T.V. show you wish they'd issue on a DVD so you could have the entire collection.

It's About Time, Its About Space (Its About the Whole Human Race)!
This appeared in the mid sixties. It featured Joe E. Ross as a hilarious cavemean who of course went oooh, oooh, oooh. If you remember he had just finished up a role as Gunther Toody in Car 54 Where are You. The oooh, oooh just followed along with him. The series ran all of one season.....go figure.

3. What title do you possess by birthright?

I am a Haweater. Meaning I was born on the mystical isle of the Manitoulin aka 'The den of the Great Spirit Manitou.' Our family farm was next to the property that contained the cliff face in which was found the cave said to be Manitou's lair. The stories told about a light that never extinguished night or day. We would dare to peak in during daylight and sure enough there was a light deep in back of the opening in the rock face. We never dared to go there after dark. As far as we know the light shines in darkness as well.

4. What are your greatest weaknesses?

(a) I have mixed hemispheric laterality. A form of muddled and muted ambidexterity (my right brain and left brain do a Three Stooges act trying to get through the 'activation doorway' to decide issues, plan responses or orchestrate actions.) This partly explains how I can say 'I am not Lazy, Crazy or Stupid, I just act that way'.
(b)I subconsciously chose Charlie Brown as the role model in my most formative years.
"Good Grief! What a Blockhead!"

5. What you want to be when you grow up?
A Jean Vanier clone. He is my hero and a living saint. Of course as George Orwell said. "Saints must be held guilty until proven innocent." We will have to wait a few years till Jean shuffles off his mortal coil and the Papal Office of Saintly Sifting and Evaluation (P.O.S.S.E.) finishes its investigation before I can be sure I want to emulate him in every way.

There you have it. What else is there to know?


I'm tagging Kim G., Steve B., James (aka Earl)B., James S.,Errol E.

and Jenn but I think she has done this for another tagger so she may be exempted from this diclosure.

Merry Christmas and Happy Fun and Games to all.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

1) The Brady Bunch. I know, I know, I’m a geek! I grew up obsessed with this show, and I still have a fondness for it. ( I love Lucy, too, btw.)

2) Oh my gosh!! I remember my brother watching that show, and I still remember the theme song. Thanks, now I'll be singing it all day, lol!

3) Quaker

4) Very funny! My weaknesses: temper and analness

5) An archaeologist

Impossibleape said...

3. "Its a gift to be simple, its a gift to be free."

is there any sweeter hymn than that?

I Think Not!

God Bless you sweet sister.


(If it was the Shakers and not the Quakers who gave us "its a gift', then disregard this entire comment, except for the 'God Bless' part.)

Impossibleape said...

and

thanks for playing tag with me