Monday, December 25, 2006

Jesus' Invitation part 3

Well, there's an end even to my patience. So I'm going to let you in on a secret.........I've been thinking about doing something about all this for quite sometime, but the way things are going, I think it’s high time I got on with it. I’ve started seriously planning my own party!
It's going to be the biggest, most fantastic feast you could possibly imagine! Better than any church potluck or lavish Christmas party.
It might not happen this year, but I'm sending out invitations right now because I know a lot of people who never get invited to anything and they need to know they have something to look forward to.
There's going to be room for billions; in fact, there’s room for everyone who doesn’t mind sharing a table with my ‘special friend’ and me! Some really famous old timers and modern celebrities are going to be there but many of the ‘big ones’ won’t. You’ll be surprised who will be at the head table and even more surprised by those who are seated by the kitchen door.
I don’t think people realize I meant it when I said, “The last shall be first and first shall be last.”
I'll reserve you a seat of honour, right beside me and my special friend ……… that’s if you don’t mind the company (Matthew 8:11). So hold on to your hat because when everything is ready, I'm going to spring this party as a big surprise and a lot of carefree and self-satisfied people are going to be left out in the cold. I not too worried about their feelings, because they’ll probably think that my guest list isn’t exclusive enough and they wouldn’t want to come to our kind of party anyway.
Please let me know right away if you'll be coming. I want to reserve you a place. I’ll even write your name in large golden letters in my big
‘ ‘GOLDEN GUEST BOOK’!
Please don’t forget to tell my ‘special friend’ that you and I are both looking forward to seeing him at the feast.
Yours Sincerely (With Much Disappointment, but Even More Love),
JESUS
P.S. Do you think Matt. 25 is for real? Perhaps its time we decided to do something about it?
Brought to you by your friends on the

ROAD TO EMMAUS

No comments: