Monday, October 30, 2006

Announcing a NEW Feature


I am starting a new series of posts. You may recall my 'Beautiful People' series using the theme of suffering yet faithful people who exemplified loving commitment and authentic lives. I'll get back to that again in the future but today I am embarking on a new series featuring some of my favourite quotations. Of course many of my favourite quotes come from the 'authentically Beautiful People' I admire...could it be any other way?

I will try to add my 2 cents worth to explain why I like these particular sayings or teachings...but only about 2 pennies worth per quote.

My verbosity on plentitudiness occasions preceding this individual module of infinitesimal time has known no bounds or satiety.

That has got to stop.



Here is my personal guarantee:

"2 cents or it is free!"


"LOSS IS TRANSFORMATIVE if it is met with faith. Faith is our chance to make sense of loss, to cope with the stone that rolls around in the hollow of our stomachs when something we loved, something we thought was forever, is suddenly gone."
David J. Wolpe, Making Loss Matter

About today's quote:
Meaning is very meaningful to me.

Suffering can undermine our experience of meaning but it may also be full of deep mystery (aka obscured meaning).




anyone need a refund?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Len, I look forward to reading your discovered quotes. By the way you're responsible for me finally reading Victor Frankle's "Search for Meaning." One of those tectonic-plate moving books. Although I still have more questions than answers regarding suffering, and while there is an extrinsic value in suffering I'm not sure if there is intrinsic value or meaning...but I'm open to instruction. (Oh, hopefully without suffering over it.) There are no doubt deep questions here. Thanks for your quote. steve

Impossibleape said...

Hi Steve:
Your interest in this subject means more to me than the applause of a thousand rabid rock fans.

I shall proceed with vigour to address the mysterious neccessity that places the cross at the centre of time, space and at the intersection of divinity and humanity.

BTW
Frankel was quite a fellow wasn't he? Perhaps a man after Christ's own heart.
I am so glad you got to meet him.