Monday, October 30, 2006

Beautiful is the moment

Beautiful is the moment in which we understand that we are no more than an instrument of God; we live only as long as God wants us to live; we can do only as much as God makes us able to; we are only as intelligent as God would have us be.- Archbishop Oscar Romero, from his last homily, March 23, 1980



The next day, March 24 1980, a right wing death squad burst into the cathedral and gunned Bishop Romero down as he officiated Mass.

He is worthy of a Beautiful People post. I will have to get onto it when I revive the Beautiful People string.

stay tuned.


My 2 cents

The words, the life, and the death speak for themselves.
(martyr means witness.)

Bishop Romero is a hero of the faith,
need I say more?
I love this because I need to know that whatever I accomplish in life, whatever I can contribute, whatever I have, whatever I am is all in God and if my life appears to be a small hill of beans, it is God's hill, and that is enough to make it significant and even beautiful in its own way.

No comments: