Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Seven Wonders of Canada



I recently received this from a very dear friend....
HEY EVERYBODY I NEED YOUR HELP please go to CBC.ca/sevenwondersofcanada and vote for Manitoulin to win one of the 7 wonders we all know it is and we nominated it and now we need your help THANKS EVERY ONE LOVE YOU
BRENDA




Manitoulin Island Home of the Great Spirit








Please make a couple of old Haweaters (native born Manitouliners) happy by voing for the largest freshwater Island in the world as one of Canada's wonders.
The Manitoulin Island Manitoulin is a sacred island to the Native Peoples whose legends tell us that when the Great Spirit Gitchi Manitou created the world, he set aside the bluest sparkling water, the brightest twinkling stars and the most beautiful glistening quartz rocks. With these he made a special island and set it in the Great Inland Sea (the Great Lakes) allowing it to drift gently northward until it bumped into the rocky shoreline. Here it rested. He tilted the island slightly to the south to catch the best weather and to protect it from north winds and reserved this special place for himself and other spirits to play.



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I voted!

Psssst....I have important information to pass on. Please email me at ohiokavr@yahoo.com :)

Impossibleape said...

Thanks Jenn

BTW I did email late last week. I hope the mail came thru.

I am eager to hear the important news.....as long as it isn't about a hair restorer, some kind of cellulite cream or a male enhancement product.