Sunday, May 13, 2007

Haunting Words from A Beautiful Mind A Beautiful Heart A Beautiful Soul (Happy Mothers Day)

Abraham Lincoln said

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."



In a small way think I can relate to these words.

My Mother's religious influence
feels like a mixed blessing to me
because I will never be able
to believe so simply,
or live so consistently as she did.
Unbelief seems so much easier
than faith to me,
but my Mother's love
was an unadulterated
and undeserved mercy and grace.
She was as good a reflection,
of the saviour she loved,
as I will ever see.

So I stay in the fold
one more uncomfortable day
and try to live a life that reflects
some of her priorities.

I Love You Mom
even if your prayers
for my salvation sometimes
feels more like a burden
than a joy to me.

R2E (aka 'The Road'): A Beautiful Mind A Beautiful Heart A Beautiful Soul (Happy Mothers Day)



LH

1 comment:

geneaologybuff said...

You had a good mama. This is beautiful.