Friday, July 28, 2006

Emergent XYZ

Here is an Ape's finish to the emergent AtoZ proposed by Steve in the previous post.


I hope you enjoy it.


(BTW does anyone know where I can get a jpeg of Jim Carey Emerging from the rear end of a hippo in Ace Ventura When Nature Calls?
It would make a great image for this post. We emergents enjoy a good joke, especially if we thought of it first.)

X, Xylophones. We don't actually ban them, we just don't encourage their use.

Y, Yak's Milk. You got it, we'll drink it.

Z, (I know it is spelled with an X but let's give the creative flow some slack here)
Zenophile. If its different we'll probably like it.


ala

"Pied Beauty" 1877 By Gerard Manley Hopkins


Glory be to God for dappled things.
For skies of couple colour as a brinded cow
For rose moles all in stipple upon trout that swim
Fresh-firecoal chestnut falls; finches' wings'
Landscape plotted and pieced: fold, fallow, and plough;
And all trades, their gear and tackle and trim.
All things counter, original, spare, strange;
Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how)
With swift, slow, sweet, sour; adazzle, dim;
He fathers forth whose beauty is past change;
Praise Him

(BTW Pied Beauty was one of Earl (now James) Breech's favourite poems. He was a professor of Religious Studies at York University when I attended in the late 70's. I owe him more than I can say for he taught me to see Jesus as; 'The fat lady sweating in the heat, sitting on her front stoop, swatting flies and dying of cancer'. Someday I will tell you about a few of the other wonders his classes caused my eyes to see, but for now it is enough that you learn to enjoy 'Pied Beauty' wherever you find it and in your pleasure, Praise Him!)

No comments: