Thursday, December 27, 2007

One More Tuesday With Mitch (probably time well spent)

From an interview with Mitch Albom author of 'Tuesdays With Morrie' and the new book,'One More Day'. 

Do you have any sort of notions about what waits for us after death?

Mitch:
Hey, when you’re the guy who wrote "Tuesdays with Morrie" and "The Five People You Meet in Heaven," you’re gonna hear stories. People have been told me that they’ve been visited by someone they’ve lost, or that when they almost died they saw their mother come and hold their hand and say, “It’s not your time yet.” I’ve been told about visions of Jesus, conversations with Jesus. It’s just too much for it to all be hallucinogenic or coincidental. So, yes, I do.

I truly feel that there’s something beyond here. I see it in the sparks of divinity I see inside everybody, even bad people. And I mean, we’re not here on Earth to be worm food. I have an internal belief that there is something beyond here. My hope is that it’s better and that it rewards the good that people have done and takes care of the poor, and the sick, and the suffering, who have not had a fair shake here on Earth.





http://www.beliefnet.com/story/227/story_22738.html

No comments: