Friday, June 16, 2006

Follow up

impossibleape 6/16/2006 11:14 AM 112 out of 119
OH by the way in case you think I don't like any American media evangelists, I do like

Hank Hanegraaff(?)you know the 'BAM' man (not the Emiril Legace the chef, but Hank the Bible Answer Man)

Ravi Zacharias although he came to you thru us from India

Chuck Colson. If we put every evangelist in jail we could have better quality preachers

Dr. Dobson I like him most of the time, when he isn't trying to be too political.

Dr. Hugh Ross he was one of us Canucks first and he gives me Reasons to Believe

R.C. Sproule I like him because he is smarter than the average Yogi

I do like 100 Huntley Street It is the one TV show that makes my list. There is something about the 'Telly' that lends itself to sensationalism and distortion. It demands a high level of 'show biz'.

100 Huntley Street is only available in Canada.
Only in Canada you say?
"Pity".
And now please pass the Red Rose Tea dearie.

All of these shows have a certain Bull Spit content but then so does every human being on the face of the planet. These seem to have less of a BS content than most preachers on the airways.

impossibleape 6/16/2006 12:10 PM 118 out of 119
the emphasis on repressing sexuality makes us think that those failings are worse than greed, manipulation, deceit and exploitation. Its like those who abhor anyone enjoying a beer but are grossly over indulgent in feeding their face. The teaching most evangelicals get is badly skewed, that may be why my list of trustworthy media Christians is made up of all teachers and one doer. If you can't do, teach but I personally would prefer if more of us got motivated to actively and meaningfully love in the world.

impossibleape 6/16/2006 12:55 PM 119 out of 119
and by love I mean agape and philo in case anyone was wondering

No comments: